Let's play a phrase affiliation recreation. What’s the very first thing you consider after I say, "Dehydrator"?
Lengthy-term meals storage? Survival meals? Fruit leather-based? Beef jerky? Craft initiatives?
Wait – "Craft initiatives?" From a meals dehydrator? What sort of craft initiatives can doubtlessly use a meals dehydrator?
Fairly just a few, really. Listed below are 10 concepts * to get you began.
- Dried apples will not be only for consuming. Slice apples into rings, mud with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired, and dehydrate. String them onto a size of jute twine, alternating with different dehydrated fruits, nuts, cinnamon sticks, and colourful strips of fabric tied in bows. Tie a knot in every finish of the twine or tie ends collectively. Grasp it on a wall, above a door or window, over a curtain rod. Drape it on a mantel or shelf.
- Fill a big ornamental jar with dehydrated fruits, nuts, berries, flowers, and cornhusks. Seal it with a tight-fitting lid. Set it on a mantel, hutch, or desk for a country look.
- Don’t throw out your flower bouquets! Dehydrate them whereas they nonetheless have shade, then use them in preparations, wreaths, or potpourri. You may dry the entire flower or simply the petals.
- Gown up your yard sale, bazaar, or craft sale gadgets. Tie dried flowers with a little bit of ribbon or twine, then set them in a vase, pitcher, or crock. Mason jars may maintain such treasures as home-made path combine, dried fruit slices, and yogurt taffy. A reasonably bowl might maintain potpourri.
- Glue dehydrated flowers, nuts, fruit, and seed pods onto wooden letters, then paint if desired. Connect the letters to a wooden base for stability. Spell out your identify for a novel desk plaque. Use thicker items of wooden for particular person, stand-alone letters.
- Use your dehydrator as a fast solution to dry papier mache, clay figures, or plaster-of-paris. Tip: You could need to line the underside of your dehydrator with parchment paper sheets or a tray liner for simple clean-up.
- Dough artwork is a enjoyable solution to get the entire household into crafting! With a primary recipe and a bit of creativeness, you may end up dozens of dough ornaments, plaques, and figures – excellent for any event! Utilizing your dehydrator prevents the cracking, baking, breaking, and browning that may occur within the oven. When your work is dry, it's able to be painted and sealed.
- Make your individual edible cake decorations prematurely. Pipe frosting onto strong tray liners or plastic wrap sheets, then dehydrate. Have flowers, swirls, routes, and dots prepared once you want them!
- A plain wooden body turns into a murals once you connect dehydrated gadgets to it. Customise the body to enhance the image it can maintain.
- Dehydrated citrus fruits – oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit – make fascinating decorations. Skinny slices tied with gold or silver twine could be held on a Christmas tree or in a window. Use entire fruits as candle holders, paint or carve whimsical faces on them, or set them out as air fresheners. You may even use the rinds to make small dolls and animals.
With the yard gross sales and gala’s of summer season, the bazaars and craft gross sales of autumn, and the vacations of winter, now is a superb time to be crafting. What shall be your subsequent mission?
* A few of these gadgets could also be giant, requiring detachable keys and door for max drying area. Make sure of your dehydrator's capability and capabilities earlier than starting your mission.