Let's play a phrase affiliation recreation. What’s the very first thing you consider once I say, "Dehydrator"?
Lengthy-term meals storage? Survival meals? Fruit leather-based? Beef jerky? Craft tasks?
Wait – "Craft tasks?" From a meals dehydrator? What sort of craft tasks can doubtlessly use a meals dehydrator?
Fairly a couple of, really. Listed here are 10 concepts * to get you began.
- Dried apples should not only for consuming. Slice apples into rings, mud with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired, and dehydrate. String them onto a size of jute twine, alternating with different dehydrated fruits, nuts, cinnamon sticks, and colourful strips of fabric tied in bows. Tie a knot in every finish of the twine or tie ends collectively. Dangle it on a wall, above a door or window, over a curtain rod. Drape it on a mantel or shelf.
- Fill a big ornamental jar with dehydrated fruits, nuts, berries, flowers, and cornhusks. Seal it with a tight-fitting lid. Set it on a mantel, hutch, or desk for a country look.
- Don’t throw out your flower bouquets! Dehydrate them whereas they nonetheless have coloration, then use them in preparations, wreaths, or potpourri. You may dry the entire flower or simply the petals.
- Gown up your yard sale, bazaar, or craft sale gadgets. Tie dried flowers with a little bit of ribbon or twine, then set them in a vase, pitcher, or crock. Mason jars might maintain such treasures as home-made path combine, dried fruit slices, and yogurt taffy. A fairly bowl might maintain potpourri.
- Glue dehydrated flowers, nuts, fruit, and seed pods onto wooden letters, then paint if desired. Connect the letters to a wooden base for stability. Spell out your identify for a singular desk plaque. Use thicker items of wooden for particular person, stand-alone letters.
- Use your dehydrator as a fast approach to dry papier mache, clay figures, or plaster-of-paris. Tip: It’s possible you’ll wish to line the underside of your dehydrator with parchment paper sheets or a tray liner for straightforward clean-up.
- Dough artwork is a enjoyable approach to get the entire household into crafting! With a primary recipe and a bit of creativeness, you may end up dozens of dough ornaments, plaques, and figures – good for any event! Utilizing your dehydrator prevents the cracking, baking, breaking, and browning that may occur within the oven. When your work is dry, it's able to be painted and sealed.
- Make your individual edible cake decorations upfront. Pipe frosting onto stable tray liners or plastic wrap sheets, then dehydrate. Have flowers, swirls, routes, and dots prepared while you want them!
- A plain wooden body turns into a murals while you connect dehydrated gadgets to it. Customise the body to enhance the image it should maintain.
- Dehydrated citrus fruits – oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit – make fascinating decorations. Skinny slices tied with gold or silver twine might be held on a Christmas tree or in a window. Use complete fruits as candle holders, paint or carve whimsical faces on them, or set them out as air fresheners. You may even use the rinds to make small dolls and animals.
With the yard gross sales and festivals of summer season, the bazaars and craft gross sales of autumn, and the vacations of winter, now is a good time to be crafting. What will probably be your subsequent challenge?
* A few of these gadgets could also be giant, requiring detachable keys and door for max drying house. Be certain of your dehydrator's capability and capabilities earlier than starting your challenge.